Angular expansion joints
Angular expansion joints are used for large angular movement in one or two planes.
Angular (or hinged) expansion joints are used for large pipe elongations. A system of expansion joints is made of standard elements. This requires two or three expansion joints. The application of angular expansion joints always requires a change in the direction of the piping. Therefore, they are preferably located where a 90° bend has originally been foreseen. The elongation absorption of hinged expansion joint systems is practically unlimited. It is determined by the allowable movement‘s angle of the hinged expansion joints and the length of the pipe section between two angular expansion joints.
- almost unlimited elongation absorption
- reduced load on anchor points
- modular concept application
- use of normal guides
- change in pipe direction is always required
- more space required as compared to axial expansion joints
- two or three expansion joints required for a system
technical data for angular expansion joints
Please contact Mr. Xie for business 86 13818451931.